So I walked into my first day and scared stiff! I had no clue what to expect or what I was supposed to do or say. I walked up the stairs I had walked up a week before for my interview and it felt like every step I took my shoes were making loud thumping noises. People rushed quickly up and down the stairs. I walked behind the reception desk and entered a new world. It became the world of the unknown, a young hip urban scene in inner city Richmond. People everywhere looking busy. My supervisor then walked towards me and so my first day had begun.
I felt like a small child at school who didn’t know a soul and I didn’t know where to sit or stand. To start off my computer wouldn’t turn on so I had to ring the tech guys. First incompetence of the day for the newbie! Throughout the day I was involved in emailing all the participating stores in the new campaign and promotion happening for the local DIY franchises.
Lunch time came around and by then I thought it was smooth sailing until I progressed to fall over a chair.
As I left all I could think was, hopefully next week is better!
- It’s Time To Get Serious: Take Your Internship Seriously (fashionintern.ph)
- Grab This Semester by the Horns: Be PRoactive! (livingpr.wordpress.com)
- Pre-Internship (lifeloveandpr.wordpress.com)
- Internships: Getting From the Classroom to Corporate America (rasmussen.edu)
- Being a PR intern is going to pay off (crossroadspr.com)
- Too much for too little… the death of a Bank of America intern must herald reform of the internship industry (independent.co.uk)
- Intern abuse… (diycouturier.com)
- Five Media Internships Hiring NOW (umich.uloop.com)